7 days of inspiration

ahhhhhhhhhhhh......who can resist?



Day One: this day has possibilities!

How often do you discredit Monday? You groan, you whine and really, what has Monday done but appear? It's just a day yet even doctors know that most heart attacks occur on Monday mornings! People are gearing up after a lazy weekend, doing errands, chores or otherwise relaxing. Now it's back to work, school and structure! 

I worked at a coffee shop for three years. Mondays were hard on our customers and I was the opener. Every day at five a.m., there I was dispensing coffee, lattes and cheer. I was always happy, upbeat, and the customers grew to look forward to it. Why not, I thought? It's a good day to be alive, I told them! Maybe it had just snowed, six inches of icky white stuff. Yet the sun was expected to come out! I worked the drive through on the north side of the building. The fierce winds in January were cruel, yet there I was, still smiling. It was a true test of stamina and I like to think I won, hands down!

Tomorrow is Monday--again! Wake up happy. In fact, tonight, determine that you will arise from slumber with a positive attitude, then act on it. You will make not only YOUR day, but the day of others around you as well!

Go for it...I dare you!

Comments

Popular Posts