ahhh...life!



I got up at 6 a.m. today. Got my cup of coffee so that I could function, then opened my eyes to see what awaited me: two dogs, two tanks of fish, my cat and another cat that belongs to my son...and I figured out a few days ago that this cat is going to have babies of her own. I gave the fish their food, put the dogs out, fed the cats, brought the dogs in, gave them breakfast and thought just how lucky they are! They don't wonder when they will eat, they only know that it WILL happen! 

I thought then about the Lord's Prayer: "give us this day our daily bread." In this time of economic uncertainty, it seems no one is immune anymore to life. You put in 30 years to a company, only to be laid off. There just went your benefits, pension and everything else you worked for. Social security? Who knows if that will be around much longer. But we paid in for that, too! Groceries....a box of Froot Loops, $5.68 at my local market! The milk to go with it was almost three dollars...gas, electricity...so much to worry about!

The pets I have don't worry, they just know they will be cared for...as should we. When an attitude of gratitude is conveyed, it seems so much easier to "know" that your needs will be taken care of! Sure times will be tough, and no one is entitled to have it easy--though some make it look that way. Think back to Moses in the desert. Forty years of manna, but they had it...and just enough, yet they grumbled! They were being taken to a special place: the Promised Land, yet they grumbled. Are you that way? I find a penny on the ground and give thanks...they DO add up. Some would either walk by it, or else pocket it and grumble...it wasn't a full wallet of hundreds! Do you see my point? No matter what you are given, be grateful! You have air, you still breathe! You have water and thankfully it is kept clean by FDA standards! You have a house or a place to sleep, many would love that! You have friends who love you, family who stick by you and if addictions have you by the tail, you perhaps are managing them. If not, you have people who are praying for you, who maybe are sticking by you...and facilities/organizations to help you to make it back to daylight.

My friend, you are not alone! 

If nothing else...look up! Then look around! God is in the details! God loves you just as you are, in the place you are at right now! You don't have to be rich or famous, you just have to be you! with all of your scars, your past, your fears, your hurts...and He loves you just as you are! He will never leave you! He will always provide for you! Lucky you! Lucky me...

Here, puppy...more food? 
Nice kitty!




Comments

Popular Posts