midnight worries





"what's the matter?"

"I can't sleep."

"Why not?"

"Too much on my mind."

"Such as?"

As I list the many problems I have been dwelling on, the nagging voice keeps interrupting. "Count your blessings instead of your worries."

Still I persist. And still I hear a quiet reassurance, "haven't I always bailed you out before?'

"Why yes, yes You have."

"Then why worry? Now go to sleep!"

And so I find myself thinking back on the many, and I do mean MANY times when I thought all was lost, that suddenly everything 'magically' fell into place, and I didn't end up homeless or hungry. And so, wearily, I fluff up my pillow, give my husband a kiss, thanking God for that wonderful  man that He sent to me ( I DID ask for him also, after all!) and slowly drift off to sleep.

And so it is with each of us. Go about your day knowing that you are already cared for. "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7.

and another real good one:  "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks be to God that we have such a Protector watching over us!

Comments

Popular Posts