surrender





Many have thanked me for my "wisdom" and I can only humble myself and say it is God speaking through me. Yes, I minister to others, and try to be that example, yet there are times when even I need to be ministered to. It's just the human side of me that needs to admit that.

I have described my life only because I wish for others to learn that we all can be strong when we have to be. God is always there and will never let us down if only we surrender to Him. And so it is that once more, I also need to surrender myself to Him. I am due in the operation room Monday morning, September 12. The illnesses I have dealt with have been taking their blows on me. Time now to recuperate and heal. I will be having a knee replacement, one of two that will be done by next spring.  The meds I have taken, the stresses my body has been under due to the rheumatoid arthritis and lupus needs to be addressed now. There is absolutely no cartilage left in either knee, so it is like two boards rubbing together and walking is sheer agony. The operation itself scares me, only because I had a scare during an operation eight years ago and almost didn't make it. This is where "surrender" comes in. If today was my last day...as the song goes...and I have done as much as I can to tell others how much they mean to me. I have tried to be the example. I have followed the Golden Rule as much as possible. And so my friends, all I ask is prayers now that I once again will grace this blog with more shared stories and peace. May God be with you always!

Comments

Popular Posts