let it go....

 
I am witnessing what happens when the past catches up to you with a situation involving a dear friend of mine. Many years ago he was hurt by an affair his then wife had with a friend of his. He found out about it through the grapevine and was blindsided by it. The marriage soon crumbled. Flash forward many years.... I listen with a heavy heart as he related the story. Although he is hurting, he says he doesn't want to say anything bad about her, but she needs to quit putting him down to make herself look good.

Let me repeat this...he doesn't want to say anything bad about her....

I am a hot-headed Italian girl who sometimes can carry hurt for too long. I want retribution! I want that other person to know I have been hurt....then I let go. I cry. I ask God to show me the way, to once more teach me to forgive as I have been forgiven. 

What needs to be released in your life? Stop holding on to that which does not work in your life. Let it go. 
I was watching "Eat, Pray, Love" yesterday. There is a point in that story where a character tells Julia Roberts, "every time you think of him, let him go with light and love and move on." She soon realizes that she can picture her ex-husband holding his hand out to her and asking her for forgiveness for his part in their divorce. And...in her mind, she gives it...and feels so much better for it.


What in your life is holding you back? Every time you think about it feeling hurt, instead...give it love and light and set it free. Soon you won't even remember the hurt. You will feel lighter yourself for it. That is the true path to happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts