carry out that feeling all year!

 

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day. All over the radio, TV and internet I have seen and heard ads how we can help others on Thanksgiving by donating food or a free dinner. I thought "how wonderful, the less fortunate are being helped!" Then it struck me...what about Friday? I mean, just as we do, they will also be hungry, why doesn't any attention get paid to that small but significant fact? Of course, it's Black Friday, as retailers call it, everyone, get those credit cards out because the "I WANT IT" sales have begun...the frnezy is just inexcusable for the latest gadget. 

Hunger knows no season or holiday. It is with us all the time, just as God and nature intended. So what should we do for those who have less? Hunger isn't a one day do something nice so that we all feel good event, it's year round and it's global. Today spend some time pondering this and take time tomorrow to brainstorm ideas with your families. When you sit down at the table, be thankful and speculate, "what if it were me who didn't have enough?"

May God's peace flow in and through each one of you....happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts