let God's Grace flow through you......

"It's a sin to miss an opportunity to bless and praise another human being. When you see another doing something wonderful, or simply being breathtaking, come out of your shell and let them know how inspiring they are. Yes, even if it's a total stranger. Do not miss these opportunities to let God's grace flow through you." 

So how many of you were out on Black Friday? Did you see or hear the news? So many people were hurt, either by shooting, or stabbing, or some other form of violence, all in the name of greed and commerce. To be the "first in line," to have bragging rights to some object, to me this is just another form of idol worship. I did not and will not partake in such activity. I think that my actions spoke as powerfully as any picket sign could: I simply refused to give in to the madness of falling victim to "wants vs. needs." 

I think of people who don't have enough, even those for whom many caring organizations went all out to feed on Thanksgiving Day. Here's the real let-down: those folks are hungry again TODAY! What will be done TODAY to care for them? I think back again to mass hordes of people stampeding over each other to get the latest gadget or toy. It is so unreal. And I am certain that God grieves over that selfish form of want!


Today I ask that each one of you take the above quote to heart. Go out of your way to do a kindness for another. Show Compassion. Show Love. Show Peace. Show Humility. Yes, Humility. Leave that other person all the richer for the brief contact you two may have. You may never see that person again, yet the feeling of Love that you have bestowed on him or her will be well worth your efforts. This is how we make the world a better place to be. Peace filled! Harmonious! Caring! This is your challenge!  
Care to take me up on it?



















Comments

Popular Posts