words of gratitude...the sweetest words you'll want to hear!

 


In the past two years, I have been to two weddings, four baptisms, three graduations, a funeral, seen three babies born and if not attended, heard about, and sent gifts for other occasions too numerous to detail here. Many events that were worthy of gifts to mark that occasion.
I have yet to receive a thank you note/card from any of them!
I do not wish to come across here as a witch with a "b", but come on....a note? A phone call even? How about our friend, Facebook...at least send me a post that says, "thank you?"

Manners. We all are supposed to have them! Although not born with them, they need to be taught, and the earlier the better. Hold that door open for someone, stand up when a lady enters the room, age before youth if seated on a crowded bus. Pregnant women always get anything they want...because they are carrying a precious cargo! Older folks also get anything they want due to longevity. If you have been given a gift, you say thank you. A written note is so much better, but even Emily Post has relaxed those "rules" in today's busy world. If you can say it on the phone or in person, do it. ASAP! It was my grandma's rule, (both of them!) and my mom's, that a gift would not be used until that note was written. And it had to have feeling! What would it be used for? Thank the giver and show appreciation! Have we become so accustomed to rudeness that it has become ACCEPTABLE? I think NOT! and I hope others are in my corner! If that door is held open for you, thank the holder with a smile and a cheery, "thank you!" Look people in the eye...the tired cashier at the store, the gas station attendant...the ....ANYONE....who does something nice. Just think...we are all traveling that same road...it is a hard road already with many bumps, hurdles, twists and turns. A simple, thank you or please, given cheerfully will make someone's day so much better!

As I step off this soapbox of the day, I thank you, my many dear readers for listening! You are precious to me! I have been seeing your comments and read each and every e-mail. Thank you so much for your words! As the holidays approach there will be many many many opportunities to show our manners....let's get it done!!!

Comments

Popular Posts