it's all about simplicity.........

 

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum.......

 

Across the street from me, my neighbor has two lit reindeer and a large homemade cross, decorated in clear lights.

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come. 

As I sit at my desk or in the living room, I can see clearly this cross and reindeer scene. It mystifies me as nothing has.

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum...


You see, the cross was fashioned from two old large branches found in a nearby woods. The top of this cross is slightly bent to the right, so when lit up, it sort of looks as though it may tip over, when in fact it is very sturdy.

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum? 

It reminds me that not everything is factory made and sometimes the greatest peace can be found in simplicity. Get away from all of the commercials taunting you to buy this and get that....

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum......


...and that, sometimes it is in the giving of OURSELVES that means the most! Just offering yourself in all of your humility...it is the most rewarding gift that you can give. Don't believe me? See the next line:

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.









Comments

  1. do you know, this column made me cry and think...thank you Rev. Baum....you always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts