how are YOUR resolutions going?




I was at the bank yesterday and the clerk asked me how my resolutions were going. I smiled and said, "OK, I don't get caught up in the six months or one year thing, I just do it one day at a time." He smiled at me and wished me well. It got me to thinking. How well are you doing on YOUR resolutions? Instead of saying, "I'll lose fifty pounds, say, this week I'll focus on eating right and getting at least 20 minutes of exercise each day." Then it becomes easier to stick with than a number on a scale.

This year, I feel it is more important to make these resolutions instead of the ones that we all make, i.e. less chocolate, more situps, less spending...so I have put together a list.

This year I resolve to: make less judgments about others and focus more on what I am doing wrong instead and how I can then make it better.

I resolve to not let one day go by without paying a compliment to those I meet. And I will purposely seek them out by looking them in the eye and letting them know I appreciate them!

I resolve to treat my spouse and children the same way I treat my friends. I don't put them down or do eye rolls, so why should my loved ones get any less from me?

I resolve to think more about the needs of others. If it involves sacrificing something I want (vs. need) then I will gladly give, just because I can!

I resolve to not spread lies, gossip, rumor, innuendo, backstab or any other form of verbal torture. If I can't say something nice, I'll remember to shut up.

I resolve to tell at least one person "I love you" each day. We all need to know that we are loved and valued just as we are. Even if we don't really feel it, watch what happens when you say it to another...they will light up like a Christmas tree!
I resolve to hug someone each day. See above resolution!

I resolve to go the distance, make the difference, so some good, each day in any way I can...and last...

I resolve to show my gratitude to God each day for all He has given to me, shown me, knowing that with Him, I can do all things!

Comments

  1. wow, that was just awesome! It really makes one think...so often it's all about us. This list is still all about us...but what can WE do for others is the theme and focus. Thanks for sharing! (as well as for giving me permission to not look at the scale so much!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts