How Do I Love Thee?




"Where Have You Been?" is a song that just tugs at my heartstrings. I listen to it and cry because this was me up until I met my beloved husband three years ago. The link above is to that song. To me, this is the ULTIMATE love song, hands down! A love story that spans sixty years! How many marriages last that long anymore? Sadly, my own first marriage did not. I married for all the wrong reasons: I was too young and expected too much, of myself and him. After 25 years of turmoil, it was time to go.

Valentine's Day is fast approaching. Already the commercials and magazines are full of what to do for the one you love. For only $1500.00, you can give her this fancy "what's it" that will truly say, "I love you!" I am sorry but to me, love cannot be bought. It is not just a once a year happening, but rather, the day in and day out stuff we deal with, that truly makes a marriage. The good with the bad, the anger and the happiness. It is the give and take, of not always needing to be "right," of doing something "just because." Don't get me wrong, if taking your beloved out for a night to remember is what you want, go for it! However, don't just depend on this one day to make everything all right in your relationship. It's all the little seemingly insignificant things done every day that counts. My husband brings me a rose just for the joy of it, just because. What a thoughtful gesture! I love these roses and have saved all of them by drying them out and keeping them in small vases throughout the house. In turn, I put tiny notes in his lunchbox, leave small texts on his phone, share small notes on the computer...the list goes on. It says, "I am thinking of you!" Remember this the next time you feel you must get caught up in the latest commercial for that fancy whatever....




"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4"

Comments

  1. I LOVE YOU PRINCESS. never forget that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here it is, 2018...and my love for you grows by leaps and bounds!!! I love you, too, my knight in (still) shining armor!

      Delete
  2. Married for 40 years myself! You have to go with the good and the bad..and know the bad days will get better and the good days can be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww....popparob, you are just the best! You have cared for the Rev so well...and you have left a mark in this world that will never be forgotten! And I have found this out as well...just what true love is. Thank YOU for showing me that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts