Death, be not proud!

Rather than hoping, wishing and even praying for an outcome, allow your inner world to align with the idea that what you desire is feasible and on its way. ~ Wayne Dyer
I was talking to a friend earlier today, and we spoke of death. To me, it isn't a taboo subject, because I have lived through so many close calls due to health issues. I also have buried my sister, my mom, dad and had several miscarriages. I know Death. I don't fear it and maybe this is why I am at peace with myself. You see, I have done a lot. I have sang from a choir, I have been on TV, I have been on radio--had my own program for awhile, even! Which I produced! I have been writing professionally most of the past almost ten years now and have not only my own work published, but helped others be published, too. Have I reached my pinnacle? I don't know and may never know, but I do know this: if Death came for me soon, I would be severely disappointed, only because after so many miserable years of asking God to send me someone to love me, He finally did! In the past three years, I have known what true unconditional Love really is. I want this to last forever! In fact, I expect it to. This is why I have no fear of Death---I want to look it in the eye and say,"give me your best because I will give you even better!"  I have been given the best reason to Live...and this I plan to do...for as long as I can!
Life is a gift...a blessing. When I see how others waste it and abuse it, it makes me sad. Share the gratitude of a new day, of friends and family, of a warm place to live and food to eat. If you have that, you are blessed! Then, give away what is left, make certain others are happy also. This is the true meaning of life. To have lived and loved unconditionally! My lifetime best friend has taught me this lesson...to him, I say thank you--for loving me just as I am. To God I say, Thank you---for life!

Comments

  1. you can do whatever you set out to do. The world is yours and there are never any limits. remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we get so caught up in the fear of the unknown and Hollywood only dramatizes this. Yet I feel you may have a point here! Thanks for showing us another viewpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah...to have lived life and lived it well....your positive message is so refreshing...thank you for posting it! The reason so many are afraid is because of what they know to be "unfinished business." To live each day, knowing you have done all you could...is a great gift indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have served my country for over ten years now. Ina ll that time, I have seen horrors the like many Americans would not want to see, yet I am one of many who keeps our country strong. There are many who also fight a more personal battle with illnesses that would bring even this tough soldier to his knees! Thank God I have been healthy...I can't imagine waiting to find out a diagnosis or what my chances are of a recovery! Rev Baum, you are so much stronger than you know!! Keep your head high, you CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts