this n that ramblings again......



the way I want to remember her--in happier times. Rest in peace, Whitney!

Another Saturday night...another "celebrity" found dead at age 48-- Whitney Houston. Now you'll picture her stint with drugs, times in rehab, her husband who beat her so many times.....and I mourn. I think of her in such movies as "The Bodyguard," or "The Preacher's Wife," I have sung to her music at the top of my lungs and now, her light has gone out. She will be missed. Maybe you can spend time thinking about how this affects you. Who do you know who has had issues in life... drinking...drugs...who has done all they could to become rehabilitated, only to fail and try again? How many times have you heard the news that she was once more drinking and you turned away? Probably about as many times as if it were the bum on the street. Our society is so sad. And the abuse she endured at the hands of her husband? Don't get me started. I have too many memories of my own to dwell on. May you find peace, Whitney.

Drama...who needs it? I know of people who use every opportunity to create something out of nothing, who expect their friends to come running at the drop of  a hat over "problems" that mostly are overblown. They post things on Facebook about just how awful life has treated them, but eek out very little information. The attention they get becomes addictive. They have to do it again...and more...to read their updates is like watching a soap opera. They give you minute pieces of information, act like their lives are screwed over, and when their friends help them out of that crisis, another is right on their heels. I have seen one friend reply to the Drama Queen, "we have discussed this already many times. If I have to come over there again....we will have words!" Well, that ended it for about a day and a half. There is a huge difference between real life kicking you down...and petty stuff dragging you about. Become a more positive person and I guarantee you, the little stuff will become just that---way too little to even bother with.

It's not quite midnight and I am awake to because of impending surgery on Monday morning. I was told to not take pain meds for the past week, so I am most uncomfortable. I think back over the past week and of others who have passed on, of situations dragged out of control, of words and feelings being said and felt...and I have come to the conclusion that everyone has their life to lead. I have mine and you have yours. If your life isn't satisfying, make it better. If it is the best life you can have, make another person's life better. But if you are in a sad place...don't make another's life as miserable as your own. Because we all have issues, we all have pain, we all also don't inflict ourselves on each other just because...we all have our pain, we don't really need or want to have even more added on! I go out on a limb for those who need me, but if after I give you advice that was asked for, don't just ignore it, do the same things that brought you to me in the first place and expect me to understand. I can only shake my head and wonder what happened to common sense. I have always felt, if you focus on other's comfort, your own can only increase. So now you have helped two people instead of one.

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow. This for someone who had simple back surgery about six weeks ago. Who could have looked into the future and seen complications? He was only 54...I am 48. Now with my own impending surgery, I pause to think also: who can know the outcome of a situation? I have my fears, but this just added to it. Now for my lecture: THIS IS WHY I SAY TIME AND AGAIN, TELL THE ONES YOU LOVE THAT YOU DO! DO FOR OTHERS SOME GOOD SO THAT THEY REMEMBER YOU WITH FONDNESS. DON'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW, YOU ONLY HAVE RIGHT NOW! To my friends...I love you! To my children, (and stepchildren) now grown...I did the best I could with you. But at some point you need to realize you are an adult and have no one to blame but yourself if you feel shortchanged somehow. I am not perfect, but have TRIED. I can stand up with my head held high and admit that... but instead of highlighting that, there are those of you who focus on the "boo-hoo" drama of your lives. Instead of wanting everything "your way," maybe look at the ones who raised you and be grateful for what you did have, the memories that were made and the future ahead.. . Life is too short...way too short. You have kids of your own...enjoy them. They grow too fast and maybe you won't realize the value of my words until they are grown themselves. Then...it may be too late. Here's some homework for all of you reading this: go find someone you have been "meaning to" speak with and just say, "I love you."and mean it!

Last, but not the least--I give so much credit to my husband--for sticking by me, for listening to me cry and holding my hand when needed. He has withstood criticisms from all corners and has felt his share of sorrows, too. But we all move forward with optimism and anticipation. So to him..."I love you--you are the best! And....thank you for being you!"

Comments

  1. little girl lost and foundFebruary 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM

    this just goes to show--life is too short. Money fame and power won't save you-but if you are loved, then it's all worthwhile! To all facing a heavy burden...hang in...life gets better. to the rest...have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that line: I did the best that I could. It is not an excuse though....only if you truly did your best can you say that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts