trust---good times and bad


 
But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you (Psalm 56:3, ESV).

This past week has left me breathless as I await the news of my biopsy. Either way, I know I'll need surgery...it's just what else will I need to deal with also? More chemo? Radiation treatments? I am already recuperating from a total knee replacement, so more healing time is NOT what I had on my to-do list! Yet this has given me time to ponder what is important to me...and what I can do without.

I realize that the moments I spend with my husband are very important. Though I have never been one that lets the small things, such as dirty socks on the floor, bother me....I have realized that even the bigger things don't matter either! I await the moment he walks through that door from work, and I rejoice that he made it through another long day. I smile each time I see my adult kids when they come home to say hi. It brings me joy to sit and talk to my daughter about her plans for the future. I can see through her eyes the excitement she has for bettering her life. I take joy in each day---sunrises, birds singing and the smiles of children. Yes, life has it's joys...and it's sorrows. It is how we deal with them that matters.

 Wherever we go and whatever we face, God is with us – yesterday, today and forever. He bids us to live by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). He wants us to trust Him. He catches us when we fall,when we live by faith. And to encourage us along the way, He spurs us on by sending a cloud of witnesses who testify of His faithfulness.

Don't waste a single moment fretting or arguing over things that, in the end, don't really matter. Take hold of life with both hands and give it a huge hug!

Comments

  1. As you have been writing about this, I do sense a certain calmness coming over you. I think you do know deep down that you're going to be ok. Don't worry, you have rob with you---and--good or bad....you have lived a great life. You have made accomplishments that you don't even know about yet! Me and my son have been praying for you both every night at dinner.....just as I can do what I have to do...so can you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to tell yourself that all will be well. This is not denial, it's a way to allow yourself to feel peace. All will be well. You can't change the outcome, so change your reaction TO the outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts