why did he/she leave me?


 



When you question why someone has come into your life, only to leave it...and you...in tatters, please consider the following note I read, posted on a friend's Facebook status. It makes so much sense. Instead of being bitter about why the relationship failed, look instead to the many good things that might have come from it, if only the fact that you survived it and could move forward. Always look for that silver lining in a dark cloud...the rainbows only come to life in a storm!

"Life doesn’t give you the people you want. It gives you the people you need. To help you. To hurt you. To love you. To leave you. & to make you into the person you were meant to be. So, don’t ever regret having a certain someone in your life. Sure, they may have broken your heart, but they did give you theirs in return, once upon a time. Without that significant other, you wouldn’t have learned to become the person you are today. People walk in and out of your life all the time. It doesn’t matter if they left, they left for a reason.

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”.....Marilyn Monroe.

So, all in all, what only matters in the end, is that they made an impact on your life. They taught you new things. They expanded your horizon. They showed you how to love, how to feel loved, how to feel hurt and pain internally, how something so insignificant to one person may be totally, completely, entirely important to another. Life gives us shitty people, wonderful people, and everyone in between so we can be who we are meant to be. Not someone who is formed, and molded by useless labels and stereotypes.

The people in our lives define us, and mold us to be the best that we can be. So love those that are in your lives now, and respect (and thank) those that decided it was time to leave. They’ve contributed to the wonderful you, who is going to be doing great things one day. The you, you’re meant to be ....."

Comments

  1. I had a marriage that became abusive. Actually all the signs were there, but I had mistakenly thought I could change him. I realized too late that I could only change myself. After many years of pain I left, but I was shattered. I had no self esteem and had several failed relationships afterwards because I didn't believe in myself. I needed to realize I am a strong person of worth. It was then I had a break through moment....and was able to find someone who valued me. To anyone reading this, if you are being abused, if for any reason it isn't working out, then you need to become strong and leave! Yes the flashbacks are horrible, but I take pride in the fact that I survived...and that is what is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to anonymous: you are grateful to be alive, so many don't get out safely. We do take away so much from a bruised relationship, in that we learn what worked and what didn't. To all in an abusive one, however...you know you are, don't sit in denial, because you may not be around to ponder it all later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. even if it was just a relationship not meant to be, its best to just look back fondly instead of with bitterness. no PERSON is worth the waste of time regrets bring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what gets me is the person, male or female, who goes back time after time, knowing there is pain in the relationship and takes it back anyway. Thta is just asking for troubles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheaters! There is something I haven't seen mentioned yet! I had a girl cheat on me twice...with the same guy who turned out to be an old boyfriend from days gone by! She said it wasn't serious, he was just her "f*ck buddy!" Ha! I got rid of that one..now how DO I get rid of the anger because right now, I trust NO ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was dumb enough to answer a personal ad....wow! the guy was married, as if I didn't see THAT one coming! He could only see me or talk to me t weird times of the day and said it was because of his job hours. Another friend said she saw him with a woman, turned out it was his wife. My advice? Stay away from Craigslist or any other dotcom places!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts