a tale of miracles--and kittens!


Whew! This week has been a stressful one! Thank God it's Friday took on a whole new meaning. I just want to say, Praise God for all he has done to hear the prayers of the faithful. I had been having issues with my stepdaughters...then my father-in-law needed surgery, so there was worry there. That turned out fine, but a new and more challenging strain occurred when a ranch that I had written about in "Walking in God's Shadow," Changing Gaits, a ranch that uses horses to work with addicts and alcoholics, to name a few, was about to be sold. Instead of allowing its founder to make the first offer, it was put on the market and time was running out to raise enough money to keep it solvent. I went to God in prayer. Then I had an idea: instead of asking Him for the favor, I thanked Him IN ADVANCE...with faith that it had already happened. That night, I had a dream. In it, I could feel the flutter of many wingbeats and as I looked around me, I saw many angels surrounding me. There was one angel that was much larger who hovered next to me. This angel touched my heart and said: "your prayers have been answered!" As quick as they came, they left. I knew without a doubt, that all would be well...and it is! Thanks to many generous donors, the ranch is now in the hands of Changing Gaits, to continue the work they have carried out for the past eight years! (They still are in need of donations, go to www.changinggaits.org to help out!)

Now..many of you would say, "it's a dream, no big deal!" yet how many incidents in the Bible occurred within dreams? Many!!! I believe in dreams, in miracles...I believe that when one is lost, all one needs to do is to consult with the Maker, who will guide us back to the right path. Despite all the stress of this week, there was also another bright spot: a neighbor found three tiny kittens in his window well and asked me if I would care for them. Their mother was a feral cat who had been seen in the neighborhood, but wouldn't allow anyone to even come near her. Her kittens would have been taken to the nearby woods where she would raise them, probably within days. They were about two weeks old; I groaned inwardly, thinking of the many feedings that I would have to provide, feeding each with a baby bottle and formula. Then I thought again--these are God's creatures...who am I to let them die? I found a small box and brought them home, where they have been adopted by my Yorkshire terrier. They crawl and mew and are just fun to behold...so tiny...so trusting that they WILL get fed. They don't ask how or why---they know that I am the one who feeds them. Then it hit me...I also look to God, knowing that He will take care of my needs also. Like those tiny kittens, I have faith that all will be well. What a lesson...using these babies to make a point!

There is a saying: For those who have faith, no explanation is necessary. For those without faith, no explanation is sufficient.” May you also be blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts