Easter Greetings




Before there can be Easter, there HAD to be a Good Friday. When I was young, I wondered, "why is it 'good?" After all, Jesus suffered through so much, just because He loved us enough to make the sacrifice of dying to New Life. But then, there is the answer right there, HE LOVED US SO MUCH, he sacrificed Himself...for us...and if He can do that, what can we do in gratitude?
Tradition has it that He hung on the Cross from noon until 3 p.m. This was after being so beaten down. The manner in which He was hung was also barbaric. His knees were smashed, the way His hands and feet were nailed did not allow him to breathe, so he literally had to stretch Himself out to do so. It was during this time that He gave His mother to the world through his beloved disciple, John. Mary was all He had in a world gone mad, she as well as John and Mary of Magdela, who stood with Him at the foot of the Cross. For all of the health issues I have had, I cannot imagine suffering as much as He did. I can be a real wuss at times, and there have been many times I have called upon my inner strength to deal with just one more day. For others who are struggling with their own illnesses or addictions, homelessness or abuse, this must be what the Cross seems like to them. Therefore, for me to ponder what He went through is mind boggling, to say the least.

Today, stop and remember what this holiday means. The fact that we don't need to go crazy buying gifts and mailing cards should offer us time for reflection.

A friend of mine posted this today as her Facebook status and it hit home with me. I hope it does for you as well:
Lots on my mind this morning.....thinking about Easter and things associated with it, coloring eggs, the Easter bunny and gifts he brings, family gatherings and the colors surrounding Spring.....while those are cherished and celebrated the GIFT and season we celebrate is that of HOPE and GRACE and it's for everyone. Circumstances and situations in LIFE may seem hopeless and others may agree however deep inside of your being when you come to know and understand the LIFE that has been given you~HOPE and GRACE will be found in EVERY circumstance. There is nothing negative in our lives that Jesus Himself didn't experience~rejection, betrayal, anger, hate, persecution.....He lived it all! And He knew it all, yet He LOVED anyway! He sacrificed Himself ANYWAY! For you, for me, for EVERYONE! I was reminded of these verses and wanted to share and remind anyone willing to read this "Now may our LORD Jesus Christ Himself and our God and Father who has LOVED us and given us EVERLASTING consolation and GOOD HOPE by GRACE, comfort YOUR hearts and establish you in EVERY good word and work." 1Thessolonians 2:16-17 Happy HOPE and Happy GRACE weekend and HAPPY EASTER to my friends ♥ ~Tracy L.

Comments

  1. may you be blessed as well, Rev Baum. I have been reading your posts and can say that you are truly an encouraging soul. You also had to travel that road to be where you are today and the inspiration that you leave us with is wonderful. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I once was lost--and now am found..." I am a recovering addict of meth. Every single day, I have to remind myself to put one foot in front of the other. One of my disciplines is reading your blogs. If a day goes by that you don't have a current one, I go back and reread some of your other ones. You are my strength and the wind beneath my wings. I know I can do this...I just need that daily step up. I have lost everything, my kids, my guy friend and almost my life. I know that I can do this, my motivation is getting my kids back out of foster care. Thank you Reverend, for listening and for being, you are an angel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts