"I am_______"


            Read the following and ponder on it for a moment....
"Change your 'I am's.’ If you say, ‘I am frustrated' that's taking God's name in vain, as God told Moses, 'I Am that I Am'. So, never follow, 'I am’ with anything negative. If you change the 'I am's', to something positive, especially in times of frustration, eventually that's how you will feel. If you make a conscious effort to do this everyday, it becomes your reality." 
Pretty impressive, I thought. How many of us think or say, "I am so mad, I am so annoyed, I am 'this' or 'that?" It makes sense to use it in a positive way. I followed this thought up with another: "You Are." Again, positive messages, such as "you are valued. You are loved. You are wise. You are beautiful. You are the most important person in my life." If we consciously allow ourselves to think this way, it soon would become as natural to us as breathing. Kind of hard to find fault with someone when all you have are positive thoughts! So, let's try this together:
I am glad that You Are in my life! I am proud to watch you grow in strength and love. I am going to do the best that I can to make sure that You Are able to be the best that you can be for others. I am always here for you! I am certain that when you feel good about who You Are and what your role in life is, that you too will shine your light for all to see!" 
This goes hand in hand with yesterday's blog, where I discussed changing your attitudes to become what you wish to see of yourself many years down the road. Many comments poured in from those who related tales of how others inflicted their own thoughts on how one "should" live out their life. I have always felt that it's better to be a positive force in life rather than to judge others unfairly. My only wish is that others felt that way also, instead of sitting in condemnation and self righteousness. Why can't we just live and let live, instead of allowing petty jealousies, anger and mistrust rule our lives? Go back and read what I wrote earlier: "I am...you are." How about just for once, say: "I am so glad that You Are happy!" Then leave it that way with a smile. The pleasant effects of this will definitely make someone's day very special indeed!

Comments

  1. little girl lost--and foundApril 12, 2012 at 1:47 AM

    how's this: I am so glad that you are a part of my life. You are so very special and without you (and rob) I'd have nothing. So, thanks! I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in Aa we have to introduce ourselves this way: my name is------- and I am an alcoholic. This in itself is very powerful because it means that we have accepted who we are, and are taking responsibility. I get what you mean though about judgment calls. I have siblings who feel that I am beneath them because of my alcoholism. My dad was an alcoholic, he died last year from cirrhosis. Guess who buried him? Certainly not them, they scorned him because of his drinking. We are all just humans and some of us have a rough path. I am hopeful that I can keep my drinking under control. and if not, I am not going to beat myself up for it, I'll just have to try again. Thank you for the inspiration, Ms. Baum, You Are...the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey rachel!!
    Welcome to the world of reality! So GLAD you made it!! There are so many out there who wish to pass "the problem" onto you, simply because they have never lived it and are frightened of it. Those who judge others because of their own fears are the true assholes of this life! They think bacause they only drink a glass or two of fine wine each day, or it's only a beer,or two, after work, they are fine and the rest of the world has a problem.
    Rachell, You are doing the best you can (I hope) and good WILL come from it! I've tried both sides of the fence myself, and you are on the right side. DO NOT GIVE UP!!
    Best wishes to you --
    rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why--thank YOU rob! I have read your comments and am so glad/thankful for them! You have shown yourself to be a "real" person," who has been down that road and knows exactly what I am saying. Thanks again...maybe you can be like a guest blogger on here...I think the world needs to hear from you more often!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts