that wonderful feeling of gratitude!

Are you that 'one light' that can turn the world from darkness to joy? Be that Light for others!

    Several days ago, as I took a short walk, just me and my cane (I had knee surgery and am still healing from it) I marveled at a sky so blue, the frogs as they chirred away in  a nearby pond and the soft breezes that wafted through my hair. I felt top of the world and gave thanks to God for it. Just then, a beautiful butterfly fluttered by me and lit on a small tree next to the path. I smiled and knew that God was listening, for I have always equated the presence of a butterfly as being a sign of Omnipotence.

    I give thanks also for Facebook. I know, it can be a bane or a blessing, depending on how its used, just as with anything else. In small doses, it's like an aspirin for a headache, too much of it, though, can kill you! Same with all social media--Twitter, MySpace, etc. In my case, I choose "friends" wisely and have a fine core of folks that I can count on for advice or just an ear to hear me in my sorrows and rejoice in my happiness. I hope I also provide this for others. For others, though, it seems that social media is nothing more than a whipping post, as they whine about how bad life is, how much they detest certain people or whatever else "ails" them. It is such a downer to read these things. To need help when life kicks your butt is so much different from a daily dose of "look at me, I am more important than you and shall inflict myself thus." Ugh! I have a friend who is caring for his dying mother. he posts on Facebook about her progress as well as his own state of mind during this process. I look forward to his updates and send prayers that he can stay strong for her. Another friend I know is having a rough time in her sobriety...she reaches out to her friends when times get tough to bear and we all reach back with words of love and an occasional "kick butt" attitude to keep her on the straight track. Yet another friend who has devoted his life to working with those who have addictions is now in need of donations to save his ranch, the very place where this work takes place. (See www.changinggaits.org and please help if you can! Thank you!)

    We all are connected in this life in one way or another. What we choose to do with that connection is up to you. It can be  a good thing or a bad thing. In my case, I choose to be thankful that I can be there as needed, as opposed to casting a negative pall over life. Look for the good every chance you get. The more optimistic you are, the more you project that attitude onto those around you and the world just becomes a sweeter place to live.

May you all see butterflies also!

Comments

  1. the fact that you can see a butterfly and realize its God listening to your words of gratitude is just awesome! So many people just don't "get it." You know that you are a child of God, as we all are, yet you KNOW! You have such a positive attitude that I admire. Yeah your life i shard also, as I have read in your posts but you don't dwell on that. Thanks for the posts and keep inspiring us all! peace and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as you pointed out yesterday, "that wonderful feeling of hope..' and that is what you offer us through your words. You have a sweet soul. I do believe that Jesus has come back in the form of a woman this time! May you be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. took me a few reads, but I finally understand what rob was saying...ha! great answer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts