when did you see Jesus today?



 

"God said: Unto your heart, am I. In this flaming heart of yours, I sit. And sometimes you recognize Me. Sometimes you know. At any moment, whether you see or not, I am here within your heart. I am with you. I am within you. I spend all of My time - what you call time - in your heart. I am eternally in your heart. In your heart is where I am. In your heart is where I like to be. Home for Me is your heart.
I abide in Heaven. If I abide in Heaven and I abide in your heart, then Heaven must exist in your heart. Beloveds, where else could Heaven possibly be?"

How many times has a small, tiny little sign come your way, only to have it go unnoticed? For me, I could be pondering on an issue that really has me depressed, boggled, stumped, whatever, and out of nowhere, comes a butterfly! I have always associated butterflies with God's presence right there at my eye level. I then know he hears me. The solution doesn't just magnify itself then and there, but I am reassured knowing that at least I have been heard.
If Jesus were here today, would you know it? Or would you be like the disciples on the way to Emmaus, and not realize that the Son of God was walking beside you the whole time? There is a song by Sheryl Crow, "What If God Were One of Us?" and its true. I have seen Jesus in the poor, the lonely, the depressed, the alcoholic, drug addicts, mentally challenged, in the desperate cry of someone on the brink of madness.... 

He is out there, holding out His hand, only we are too blind to see it, or too busy to hear it, or don't want to do anything about it. Why upset that applecart, right? 

1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?  Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.  Then we will know for sure, by our actions, that we are on God's side, and our consciences will be clear, even when we stand before the Lord.

Today...look for the opportunities to "see" Jesus, to BE Jesus. When he gave us examples of how we can do that, He said, "Mat. 25:35 For I was hungry and you fed me; I was thirsty and you gave me water; I was a stranger and you invited me into your homes; naked and you clothed me; sick and in prison, and you visited me.'  "Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Sir, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you anything to drink? Or a stranger, and help you? Or naked, and clothe you? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?'  "And I, the King, will tell them, 'When you did it to these my brothers you were doing it to me!'





Comments

  1. I just finished reading "little girl lost..." and I cannot get over how this person survived, intact and whole! My God, I screwed over my life and at age 51, regret so much of my past. I wish I had the strength of this person. She told me of you and your blogsite, Reverend Baum...I plan to watch it daily and see that I can read your archives as well. Thank you so much for showing me that although I may not have been a goody two shoes as "Barbara Cooper" was, I am still a human being. Best wishes...(ps...that whole Mick Jagger thing was blown way out of proportion!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alcoholic number 456,987,000,298May 31, 2012 at 7:12 AM

    your blogs always make me cry or cheer or want to do something. Thank you again for validating that I am a human being, that I do feel pain. Thank you for showing your compassion. I think Jesus is here....and I always figured that it was a SHE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we always need reminders that it isn't all about just "us." thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts