your five senses.....


 

As I was munching on some fresh strawberries today, I remarked to my husband how they have been tasting "blah" lately. "I don't know if it is my sense of taste that is dwindling or else the berries are just losing their taste. If I had my way, I'd rather lose my sense of hearing than my sense of taste," I told him.

Then I thought about it. Not to have hearing? I know there are some things in the world I really don't care to hear, including another's cell phone conversation and airplanes overhead, but to also not hear birds singing, frogs croaking and music that makes me cry would just be terrible!
Ah, music. I am not referring to that rap stuff that is permeating the airwaves, I mean MUSIC, by Chopin, Mozart, Tchaikovsky..."The 1812 Overture," the "Halleluiah Chorus," now that is special!

Kids today aren't taught music appreciation as I was; even on a recent "Jeopardy" episode, when music came up, I was whipping out the answers as the contestants just stood there, with looks of "huh?" on their faces. Music can stir the soul, it can motivate, it can make the ugly beautiful. Watch "Mr. Holland's Opus" to see what I mean. It has been verified that even a deaf person can "sense" music by feeling the vibrations.

We have five senses for a reason, to feel joy, to hear laughter, to taste wonder, to see beauty, and to smell the flowers along our journey. Today, use the five senses you have been blessed with, and discover a whole new world out there!

Comments

  1. actually I have noticed that strawberries are getting larger and thus a bit more chewy and yes the taste has compromised. I too though wouldn't give up hearing for taste or anything else.....be glad for what the good Lord gave ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts