You never walk alone


Have you ever felt so alone, as if no one cared about you? Do you ever wish that you could just run away? Believe me, it isn't just the kids who, when feeling overwhelmed, want to go hide! My own son, when he was about three years old, would go climb into one of our many weeping willow trees and stew about whatever it was that was bothering him. I chuckle now as I remember finding him; thumb in mouth, a sneer on his face as I'd try to talk him down. Weeping willow? How appropriate!

You are not alone, no matter what you may think or feel. You are never alone. Even if all seems lost.

I was watching "60 Minutes" last night. It began with a segment about homeless children. Twenty five percent of all homeless people...are children. They are living out of cars, parked in gas stations, Wal-marts, anywhere they can find some security. One girl of about 13 was philosophical about it. "It's just the way it is," she said when questioned about it. Another girl, about eight years old, cried when told that a social worker had found her family a hotel room for a month. The relief was so evident on her face. She was living in a compact car with her mom, dad, two pit bull terrier dogs and a cat!
I have a neighbor who fought with her live-in guy friend. He has three boys, all about six, ten and twelve years old. This argument resulted in her storming off in her car and the dad rounding up his kids. Backpacks in hand, they left. But before they left, they each waited in the front yard. My heart went out to them as the youngest, who obviously didn't understand the concept of what had just happened, zipped about, playing with a ball. The older two, however, seemed lost, unsure, anxious. I am thinking...supposing... that they witnessed a breakup between their parents and now to witness another altercation between dad and his girlfriend had them confused and wondering "what next?"

Do you ever feel this way? "What next?" I can tell you, if you just call out, ask God to help you, and believe with faith that your plea will be heard, you will find relief. Sometimes relief can take awhile. Meanwhile there you are, feeling lost, bereft....alone.
Hang in there. Life always has it's highs and lows. When the highs come, they are great...and the lows...we just wish they would forget our name. Hang in there, I say. It always gets better. I promise.

Comments

  1. I can tel you about so many hours of feeling alone, of losing something that you love and feeling as if it is the end of the world. It does get better. Unfortunately when we are down is when we need to be stronger...and that is where God comes in. he gives us strength to get out of the darkness. I am a recovering addict. I have been alone more times than I can count. I finally sought help, but not before I lost everything. Now I am rebuilding my life. I was homeless, jobless...living on the streets...I know all about alone. Thanks to one special person, I saw how my life was going to end. That one person was YOU Reverend Baum! I found this blog on a library web site and knew I had it within me to turn it around. I now have transitional housing, a job and soon will have my own apartment. I know the dark seems long and lonely but it can be overcome. Thank you...for being my light!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts