pure, unconditional Love

I am dealing with my third bout of MRSA. For those who don't know, it is a Superbug, a staph infection that can render some folks without limbs and may even lead to death. More deaths are attributed to MRSA than AIDS or even cancer! In my case, so far, I have been fortunate that I still have everything God gave me, but it comes with much fear, tears and hope.
Hope. There is that word again. And with Hope comes Faith. If you believe that you will conquer, then you will be granted success!
I bargained with God...I know, we aren't "supposed" to do that, yet I did. I told him I would give up something I cherish very highly (something personal only to me...sorry!) and I would never ask for it anymore if I could just be healed. My goal was: I didn't want to leave my husband and kids! I have known him almost four years...and in that time we have grown stronger and more in love. This just wasn't in my plans, I argued, to leave him so soon! Yes, I know Heaven is beautiful, but I couldn't leave earth--not just yet. What a sacrifice. But you see, he is worth it!
My husband, before he left for work today, held me tight, promised he would be strong and said, "I asked God that if someone had to go, to take me instead."
I was shocked.
Unconditional love. Pure and simple. "No greater love has Man than this, that he lay down his life for a friend." Jesus said. (John 15:13)
No greater Love.
Hope, Faith...Love.
What more can I ask for?
Actually, this is all that God asks of each one of us. Without Faith, there can be no Hope...without Hope, how can there be Love? It is a garden that must be planted just as it is. What you sow, surely shall you reap. If you practice Love, you will have it in abundance. If however, you go through life complaining, always looking out for just yourself, this too is what you will be given.
As for me, today I am slowly healing once more, grateful to awaken to a new day. This is all God gives to each of us...the gift of just TODAY! What are you going to do with YOUR gift? How will you show appreciation for having received it?

Comments

  1. we all have our burdens, but it seems that you are living the life of Job! Stay strong...I admire you for keeping up with this blog, even sick! And I thank you....you are the inspiration we all need! May peace be with you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are those who wallow in their pain and make others miserable. There are others who inspire THROUGH their pain and are a joy to the world! You are the joy we all need!! Take care and get well! We need you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...and I thought I was trouble...you have it but good! I Googled this MRSA and it had some scaryass pictures! I hope you get well soon. I advise everyone to look into this illness because NO ONE is immune to it! It's called a Superbug for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know we as humans have reached the end now that infections such as this are slowly taking over! Isn't the USA a great country? Why don't we have more research, more ways to prevent or cure this type of thing? When I think of all the pink ribbons for breast cancer research and yet, people are also dying from this and it can happen so fast! It's all who work with people, be you a doctor, nurse, working in a prison or school, so many germs out there and because our food sources are fed so many antibiotics, our bodies cannot fight a bug whose chemical makeup just resists what we now have. Anyone see the movie, "Outbreak?" Yep, it's like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your blogs just make me CRY!!!! To have the love of a wonderful husband..you are truly blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the reminders: that our spouses are to be regarded as our friend and companion for LIFE! and that we all are to be responsible in each day with the decisions that we make. Thank you Rev for this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts