9/11 remembered.......

As I was cleaning the living room this morning, I had the news on. I was taken by a story of the 9/11 Remembrance taking place at Ground Zero at that moment. I made a sign of the Cross and prayed. I prayed for those who lost their lives, I prayed for the survivors. I prayed for the ones who just don't seem to understand just how fragile life is, that we can be taken out of it on a moment's notice...so quick. I prayed also for peace in the world.
And when the bagpipes played...I cried.
I cried because I DO know where I was on that fateful moment. I was at work, making lunch for the 2500 schoolkids and staff in my school district. I was shocked beyond words and then scared. What did this mean? and my kids...they were all in school, but the district had just locked down all the buildings.Oh my God---I prayed then...please don't let anything happen to them...I couldn't get to them even if I tried!
On that fateful day....no one gets in-no one gets out.
What next? I am sure everyone wondered. Do we go home, stay put, what next?
Friends...this should be how we live our lives every day--not in fear of "what next"--but as I said...one can be taken out of the picture of life just so quick. A car accident, an illness...anything. So why are you building walls instead of bridges? Why are you so unforgiving? Why do you keep your loved ones at arm's length? I don't want to hear excuses...I want to see action! Go...forgive...love..laugh...dance as if no one is watching and who cares if they are?
Go in peace...it all starts with each one of us!

Comments

  1. this was our Pearl Harbor, when once again enemies invaded our turf. We have not recovered from it even today and maybe never will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts