to speak--or not to speak? that is the question!

It never ceases to amaze me that when someone does a charitable act of mercy, that there is always someone who has to get their digs in and say awful things about that person. I am not sure if it is due to insecurity, jealousy or just plain meanness. In this world where sometimes pain can outdo pleasure, I would think that any refreshing work of mercy on behalf of a worthy cause would be a reason to celebrate!

Again, this is where words can make or break a person. In one case, a gal I know who takes in feral cats and kittens and then cares for them was chastised because two kittens suddenly passed away. This gal is so unselfish in her work and adores each and every animal she helps. Many kittens and cats have found wonderful homes, yet because of the tragedy of these two kittens, she was judged unworthy. Another gal who probably isn't even aware of the time and dedication this work requires put her down, resulting in feelings of more sorrow and guilt than was already being experienced. It took many folks to convince her that her work does have merit and to keep on keeping on.

Life is complicated enough, yet I know of people who make it their business to get into the business of others. Are they not busy enough with their own lives? I myself have been the recipient of malicious words and actions...and for why? I shake my head. I may never know and really, I have decided that I will not waste my time nor the space in my head on people who feel it is their duty to cut down good intentions.

To those who feel their life is not complete unless they are chastising others, I say: stop! Listen to yourself! Is this what you would do if Jesus were standing at your side? Do you think He would laugh with you as you cut another person down, or would He move away from you, but not before reminding you that unless you are perfect yourself, you probably should just leave well enough alone! 

Today, do an act of kindness. Find some good in what you see, feel, experience. Then let another person know just how valuable they are in this big circle of life that we are all a part of! Live the Golden Rule today and every day!

Comments

Popular Posts