when God whispers.......




In the noise of today's world, do you wish you could just "get away?" I know I do! Away from nosy busybodies who seem to feel they know more about you than yourself, away from boring jobs, away from bills and bad weather, away from quarreling kids and meddlesome friends, away from negative news stories.....
sigh....
see what I mean?
Who remembers the old commercials for Calgon bath salts? "Calgon! Take me away!"

I was out walking just a few days ago. Just me and my little puppy. He was exuberantly tossing a leaf about, when he suddenly stopped and listened. I watched his gaze and saw a little white squirrel as it scampered on a branch not ten feet away. I stood and watched it as it sat and watched me. I felt so awed, as this is only the fifth or sixth time in my life I have seen one! After a few minutes, he continued his scamper along a fallen tree limb, then disappeared. The next day I looked for it again, but didn't see it.



In life, what does it take to make you feel that "a-HA!" moment? Is it being with friends you love? Seeing a new baby? The smell of springtime? We get so caught up in the ills of today that we forget---God has made so much for us to get excited about, if we just listen for His whisper! I revel in a sunrise...it's as if the angels are holding their breath until the first peak of orange tints the sky lavender and pink. Seeing that white squirrel was another a-HA! moment. Many years ago, as I was walking, a baby fawn scampered across a quiet country road that I was on. I stood, not even breathing as it slowly walked up to me. When it came to within inches of me, it wriggled its nose, then realized I was the human it's momma told it about! POOF! Off it ran to the security of a thicket. I was just astounded! and gave thanks to the wonderful God who made that small miracle happen for me.

Do you do that? When something crosses your path, be it a baby fawn,a white squirrel, the sound of crickets on a warm night or the spring peepers chirping away in a newly warmed up pond, do you just sigh and say, "thank you God for all that you have given to me?" Well, stop today, look! Listen! and be grateful to the One who cares so much for you!

Comments

  1. you forgot to mention rainbows after a storm. They always inspire me!!! and full moons and solar eclipses, and...and...just to name a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE wooley bear caterpillars. They are so cute and fuzzy!!! so thank you God for wooley bears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help thinking of those who take others in their lives for granted...then when they are no longer there, for whatever reason, be it death, divorce or a move, the one left behind wonders just what happened! Keep every moment in your heart....you have no idea when you won't have it again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts