it all began with a horse....


 three little ponies await their turn to provide rides to eager children....


I had the pleasure of enjoying a pig roast recently, courtesy of the Changing Gaits Ranch, an equine assisted, faith based facility in Brook Park, MN that helps those who need that gentle boost up from the pain that assails them in life. Be it alcoholism, drug addictions, behavior issues or anything that keeps them from feeling worthy of themselves and life. (Visit their website at www.changinggaits.org    to learn more about this wonderful place!) Although it was a cold day, the turnout was wonderful with horseback rides, a craft table, food and more. There was even a cowboy church complete with  a pastor in boots! What I found interesting was how everyone came together, everyone had a smile and everyone felt welcome. In that midst of souls, I am sure there were some who had crosses that may have been too big for them to bear, others who once had crosses, but by the grace of God were able to cast them aside and others who were there to provide that pat on the back and a hug. I felt as though I had just stepped into Heaven. I am sure that this is what Jesus meant when he said, "come to Me, all who are burdened, and I will provide you rest." The unconditional love was overwhelming.

I am so grateful to Changing Gaits. In 2008, I passed through these same gates, a lost, hurting child of God. I had made some wrong decisions in my life and had been cast aside by others who only saw to their own selfish needs. I had no idea of how to be a person of worth--until I passed those gates and saw what the Love of God can do. Since then, I have made it my choice to pass that non-judgmental love onto others. It wasn't until I was weak--that I became STRONG!

I couldn't tell you of those who were there who were "in need" of encouragement, though I am sure there were those in attendance. All I saw was how the Love of God radiated off of so many faces...I felt reborn.

Huge sigh. It doesn't take a ranch in the middle of Minnesota to find God's Love. It is prevalent, if only one seeks it. Although harder to find in a large city, it IS there, in the friendly faces and gentle acts of others. But...there can be more. Oh to be able to see God in the eyes of all you meet, instead of pain, weariness, hopelessness and feelings of abandonment! Yet underneath the pain, it is there.
How can you help to uncover the Love of God in others? Is it through encouraging words? A kind gesture? A welcome embrace? Yes, it is all of that and more. Why wait? Be that person who inspires peace in all that you meet. You don't need MY permission to do it! As the founder of Changing Gaits, GuyKaufman, would say, "let's Git R Dun!"






Comments

  1. ah, Rev Baum, your light shines through your words. You have been healed for a purpose. You are truly an example for us all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts