your favorite childhood story--and why?


 




My favorite book was "Charlotte’s Web," by E.B. White. I was Fern, the girl with her head in the clouds and who sat in the barnyard talking to the animals. I was the one who wanted to “save the world and all injustices in it,” according to her father. So here I am, forty years later, trying to save the world-one soul at a time. Except now I am no longer Fern, I am Charlotte. We ALL should be Charlotte, who knew that her time on earth was limited, so tried her best to bring about justice in her own small way. And if a common grey spider can do it–what about the rest of us??

Comments

  1. the little red haired girlOctober 17, 2012 at 7:03 AM

    it isn't a book but rather the comics. Peanuts and Family Circus were my favorites. I loved to see how the children interacted with each other. You knew they were loved and cared for. Even good ol Charlie Brown!! Same with the Curious George series. The man in the yellow hat took good care of a monkey. It taught me about respect for all creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts