to live another day.........

"Do not put off important things to tomorrow... do not put off see loved ones until tomorrow...do not put of being happy and drinking up life... until another day... tomorrow many not come... and your time may not come again... live love laugh today..tell the people you love that you do today... they may know it... but you may never be able to say it to them again..."
 
"I've been sharing my insides with you for so long, i guess there is no reason to stop now.On some level this is how i connect and hopefully relate some event, place or time to each others lives..I agree its odd to do it on Facebook or twitter ( or any other social media portal ) but i guess like you,i am trying to work out the wrinkles,iron out the kinks and maybe feel some relief from the pain that comes with life sometimes.

It's been really hard holding it together the last few months with my grandfather, Tom, being so sick.Watching him change daily breaks my heart as he is slowly breaking down..The doctors gave him 3 to 6 months to live 4 months ago...This prostate cancer is a ticking time bomb and our hearts are breaking in slow motion..The reality of it all is kicking in for my whole family........Why do i tell you this?

Cause maybe i am not the only one in pain.We all deal with it in different ways. I can't run to a bottle or a bindle of powder, so i talk about it and as it happens, usually write music about it...This man was there for me like a father. He never let me down...he was a role model and my biggest fan....The water runs deep between us, so the blade of the knife also hits the bone...Love is a two edged sword...So we learn with death at our footsteps...Thank you for listening..."
 
 
These two notes came to me less than twelve hours apart, both from friends who are watching their loved ones die. They themselves have been put through the wringer of life and know all about pain, loss and grace. I could say so much more, but I am letting their words speak for themselves. I will say this: I am going to have surgery this upcoming week and I also have my fears and worries and stress. I have tried to visualize what the world might be like without me in it and although I can see some of it, it's the perspective of all who know me that I can't begin to fathom. And the people and situations that have yet to come...what about all of that? We leave such a big hole when we aren't here, for every life touches so many other lives. We circle in an orbit of our own making, but also orbit around others. In this way we are all connected.
Peace be with you all! 
 

Comments

  1. never take a moment or a person for granted...you have no idea what the next minute holds..or the next day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts