to simply be "there...."


 
 “Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”
Mother Teresa


I know of someone who has scars that are visible on her arm. They make her feel unworthy and unlovable. What caused it is none of my business, but suffice it to say, she feels "less than." Life for her feels unlivable.
I live day to day with a chronic illness. I can no longer run, jump, walk very far or do simple housework without pain. I can no longer work, either. I feel as though the one door to an independent life has closed. There are days when I also feel useless.
I think about others who have struggles every day. Some make good use of them and try another way to be an important member of society. Others allow their struggles to get the better of them. They turn to drinking, drugs, sex and more to deal with it. Unfortunately, this just leads them into deeper waters. Soon they become mired into a situation they no longer have control over.
If this describes you, take heart. You are a valuable person in this world! If one door closes, another will open. Stop staring at the closed door! Get up, see what options are yours, just for the asking! I use my gift of words to offer Hope....in the lyrics to a song, "it's only words, and words are all that I have..." Scars, be it physical, emotional, outward or from within, they all are there to prove to us that we have fought the battle. We are stronger than anything that life can throw at us. Those scars show others that we are survivors, not quitters!
The best way to begin is to reach out...either to ask for help or to offer it to another. When one hand joins another in solidarity, the world is no longer a scary place. It can now be conquered! And if you are on the end of giving, do it graciously. There is nothing...and I mean NOTHING in this world any more important than offering comfort to one in need.
Be that person today who is a light to another.
" Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”~ Mother Teresa



Comments

  1. I think it was the BeeGees who sang that song: "Smile an everlasting smile, a smile can bring you
    Near to me.
    Don't ever let me find you gone, cause that would
    Bring a tear to me.
    This world has lost it's glory, lets start a brand
    New story now, my love.
    Right now, there'll be no other time and I can show
    You how, my love.

    Talk in everlasting words, and dedicate them all to
    Me.
    And I will give you all my life, I'm here if you
    Should call to me.
    You think that I don't even mean,
    A single word I say.
    It's only words, and words are all I have, to take
    Your heart away..."

    thank you for a beautiful message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that you rely on the words of others....and this is how it should be, I guess. We are all in this together. So why not use the words of the BeeGees...(that song was written by Boyce and Hart, by the way!)...ooops...see what I mean? Even songwriters need words from another to convey a message!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who when she gets depressed, always talks about how ugly she is, how nobody loves her. It is so hard to BE her friend when she gets this way! So what do I do? If I ignore her and something happens, I will never forgive myself. But if I stay by her side, she drags me down also!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts