inspired by a superstar...of life


 


A woman's talk show this week was profiled on its commercials to have "superstar" interviews with celebrities we know!
Wow! Superstars!
What makes a superstar?
To put it into perspective, is it REALLY a celebrity who is more concerned with their looks, income and photogenic status?

This past Sunday, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet with a superstar myself: my husband's uncle. He is fighting stage four cancer of his stomach and liver.

When I walked into his hospital room, however, I was met by an older gentleman who had a wonderful smile, a warm grip to his handshake and was wearing a sunny yellow sweatshirt. As I spoke with him, he turned over onto his side so that he could face me, giving me his utmost attention. After an hour, it was decided that we leave so as to not tire him out overmuch.
I was struck be his generosity and as I prayed with him and his family, I felt a powerful force going through our hands that were holding onto each other.
I prayed the Our Father, a prayer that to me, when said with reverence, speaks volumes about how good our God is...what He can do for us, if only we believe.
And I do believe in miracles!

To me, the real superstars of today are NOT well-paid or overpaid people who get through life by looks or talent in playing with a ball of many sizes, it rests in those who take on each day as bravely as they can. Who make each day count for another. Whose faith can bring another to their knees in gratitude for all that we have.

To Ron, I say: God be with you and heal you. Thank you for showing me your strength and courage. You were my inspiration yesterday!
May peace be with you, your family and your beautiful wife, Dottie!

Comments

  1. survivor in training!March 18, 2013 at 7:11 AM

    thank you so much for showing us all how to get through life with grace and understanding! You make each day brighter for so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, Reverend. Why does someone who putts a ball into a hole make millions whole e have folks on the front lines overseas who are forgotten when they return home? To me, these are the TRUE heroes, not some so called actor, singer or sports player!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Diane. Thank You for writing this and I will be sharing with Dad and Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the news today, oh boy. It said that Tiger Woods is dating Lindsey Vonn. And the world drools for more details! Then I read this blog and boy...how you changed my heart! THIS is what matters most, ordinary folk who are doing the living and dying and working and praying together! You made me cry! Thank you for putting LIFE into perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts