"be still...and know that I am God!"


 


When I was about 14, I thought that if I could find the highest point and spoke to God, He could hear me better because I was that much closer to Him. So when I was all full of my teen-aged angst, I climbed the highest point in my little town...and prayed. I gave it all to God: my fears, my sorrows, my pain and also my gratitude. Did He hear me? All I know is that things did have a way of working out!

With our world in such a sad state, I want once more to climb that highest point, just to get closer to God...and pour out all of the troubles that I see. I'd say, "Lord...can you see that you children are hurting? We are so lost...evil seems to be winning and it's the littlest ones that are losing. What can we do...what can I do?"
I'd then be still....and listen for His voice in my heart.

Reach out in Faith...and know that He is God...He does hear us. Just ...seek His Voice!

Comments

  1. I used to think you were such a simplistic person. Now I know that you are! and that is why you can hear God....because you have the heart and mind of a child. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had always thought that if God really loved us, the world would be so happy...no pain or sorrow. Then I realized that God does love us....he sends us people like you to show that! Thank you for this thought!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts