do you leap over the raging rivers of life?






"When I grow up I want to be like my horse, Legacy! We went out for a walk today. The snow is melting, so there are streams in the mud everywhere, there are three foot snow drifts on the sides of the driveway. I decided to play some games with her; driving her, turning, stopping, backing, walking ahead and behind me. She has never liked walking in water or mud, so when we first went outside her eyes were huge and her ears tilted heavily in the directions of the raging rapids. She stayed right by my side, intently watching me for direction. I walked and talked with her in a happy calm voice. I didn't look at the wild water all around, I simply kept my eyes on where we were going. I'd ask her to do some simple movements along the way, I let her explore the trees and bushes with her muzzle. We watched squirrels scamper up trees. Soon, I could tell she'd forgotten all about the 'raging waters' that still surrounded us. She was having so much fun exploring... was very light and responsive in my hands... she trusted my guidance. I want to be like that with God. I want to stay so close to Him, obey Him without reservation, enjoy the journey He's taking me on. I want to keep my eyes on and trust in Him, especially when my 'raging rivers' are all around. On the way back, we came to a bigger 'raging river'. I decided to test her trust level. I asked her to cross the 'river' and jump over the three foot snow drift. She picked up her head and her tail and leapt over both, adding a buck of pure joy, then turned and did it again by herself! Trust in our Leader is mandatory for a life full of joy and adventure. If we let FEAR of 'raging rivers' keep us on a narrow trail, we will never experience the fun of leaping over snow drifts! I wanna leap over my 'raging rivers' just like Legacy did today! I going to leave FEAR on the trail behind me by staying close to my Trail Guide and enjoying the path He is leading me on." (courtesy Elaine Devenport Averill)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts