I am woman....I am beautiful!

Read the following carefully...














 This was on a Facebook entry for today. Although most of it can be interpreted as inspirational, I disagree with the first line. Why do women feel that unless we measure up to what society thinks we ought to be, that we are nothing?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it is merely a reflection of what we think of ourselves! If we feel that we are somehow unworthy, subconsciously we will project that feeling out to others. We then are treated in that fashion and wonder why....what have we done to foster that attitude?

Ladies...you ARE beautiful! Do you think that Queen Latifah, Oprah, Arethra Franklin or even Elizabeth Taylor are/were beautiful? They project that type of confidence that commands respect. Where is it written that unless we are five foot ten and 110 pounds, we are misfits? I live out my compassion, I am approachable, and I will take a stand if I feel one needs to be taken. I don't need a makeup company to tell me that I need their products to be beautiful; it's what we feel on the inside that shows on the outside!

Today, gals....show how you really feel! You are beautiful, you are strong, you have courage! Say it! You have been made in God's image...and he doesn't make junk!

Comments

  1. So very true....we women need all the help we can get. Thank you again for this awareness....we ARE beautiful...we ARE gorgeous and it isn't being conceited to think that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a man, I have seen women at their best and worst. I have "known" women who have been selfish, shallow and beautiful by Hollywood standards. I have known women who are caring and sweet and maybe are just a tad on what society says is the "plain" side. I'll take "plain" any day! They have what it takes to keep people happy. So called beautiful women are so vain, they drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts