what delays aggravate you?








 


Yesterday was a stormy day. My trucker husband was stuck yesterday on the side of the road in a blinding snowstorm. He couldn't get enough traction and had to be towed out. BUT he had to wait five hours for a tow truck. I told him he was where God wanted him to be: he was safe, warm and didn't have an accident. When he was finally rolling again, the storm had abated so that he could see ahead of him once again! Thanks be to God!

We sometimes see delays as being so detrimental to our journey in life. We want to be somewhere and must get there right now! When we look back, it is then that we realize that perhaps being delayed was a good thing. As it was, all along the route there were many vehicles in ditches on either side of the highway. As I told my husband, you were safe and that was all that mattered!


I watch "American Idol," on TV. I am encouraged by the many voices who compete for that record contract. There was a young fellow these past few months named Lazaro who could sing quite well. He had a sunny personality and tried so very hard. Last night he was voted off, much to the tears of his fellow singers as well as myself. He has a story that I found to be heartening: he has a stutter and when in difficult situations, it is hard for him to converse, yet even the judges were compassionate towards him, giving him encouragement to keep on trying.


I was thinking last night, long after the show was over, of how he must feel, that his "career" in music has also been delayed. But in reality, maybe it hasn't been. Maybe God has a plan for him also, though he doesn't know it just yet. I am hoping he will continue with his endeavor to keep music and his dreams alive...just because one door closes doesn't mean all is finished. For Lazaro and for all of us...delays only mean that we should look for another way. There is always another way.


I found this link on Godvine...listen to this young gentleman who also has a stutter and you will be inspired by the music that he sings---remember...anyone can make the IMpossible...possible! Remember...it is spelled I M possible!

Harrison Craig on the Voice



Comments

Popular Posts