living in the land of "I wish..."

Even Dorothy had her dreams and wishes....

I wish.....that I could wake up each day and not deal with the physical pain I have dealt with for so many years.
I wish...that I could begin each day with a jump out of bed and be able to see the sun set with as much joy as I began the day.
I wish...that I only needed to go to the doctor once a year for my yearly regular checkup instead of every four weeks.

I wish.....wait a  moment...

This is really redundant. It's all about me. That isn't right!

Because there are so many others out there who have it so much worse. A mother in drought stricken Africa dreams of having plenty of water for her babies, while that same farmer wishes he could water crops that will thrive into a bountiful harvest.

A mother in the war torn middle east wishes for peace so that her children could play outside without fear of being hit by a bomb. A daughter wishes she could receive education in a militant Muslim country. Homeless people everywhere wish for a warm safe place to sleep. Jobless folks just want to work so they can provide for their families. Parents wish their kids could grow up in a secure world. Those who have been kidnapped wish they could go home again. And all of us wish that when our time comes, we die a peaceful, happy death.

Back to me.....
I wish....that YOU have a happy, God-filled day. That you feel secure in your surroundings and are thriving. I also wish ... no, I hope-- that you take that feeling out into the world and spread it to someone else, and that they in turn spread it around until we all are bathed in God's Love and Joy. It is only by doing that--that my wish will come true.

Peace be with you all!



Comments

  1. Here is to hoping that your struggles become smaller. Thank you for this reminder that we all have our crosses to bear. It is how we carry them that determines our true character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11) We all have our plans...it is how God chooses to use us that make those plans relevant. He has seen your struggles, Rev Baum and has given you a positive outlook regarding it. Life is not easy but your attitude makes it seem so much easier than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigrid SunsgaardMay 8, 2013 at 5:47 AM

    As long as there is love in the world, wishes will come true. Maybe not right away but it will happen! Just as you have said, "pay it forward, people! Pay it forward!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts