the Dash

As I pondered the quick passing of a friend of mine, I remembered the poem titled, "The Dash." I thought about how I would want to be remembered when I die. Is it with fanfare...or just a quiet memory? Do I want many mourners present at my funeral...or is it better for friends to remember me as I was? I hope this gets you to thinking also. Our lives are so short...so PRECIOUS! To have it suddenly end...would you be ready? We do not know the time or the hour.....so it isn't as if you can save up all of your regrets to cash in at a later date. Friend, that time to make good on life is NOW!! Don't wait!



Comments

  1. Life is so fleeting....I had a friend that I was going to see for dinner. We had put it off so many times because we each were "too busy." Well, she died on her way to meet me in a horrific car accident. I never got to tell her one last time how much she meant to me. You are right. Don't wait. Nothing is more important than people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...thanks. I am all choked up here...so many of us wait until the last minute to disastrous results. I know of someone who knew a friend of hers was dying, yet she waited too long to tell him of how she felt about him. He never had the chance to recognize her at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts