the gift of pure sight....

 



"...I once was blind...but now I see."

What does this make you think of? When I was younger, I had a lazy eye. My left eye, even today, is considered "legally blind." I had thought that if I prayed hard enough, I would be able to see. After all, it says so in the song, right?
Ha ha....Now that I am at the midpoint of my life, I have learned that the phrase can many more things than literal sight. It can also mean seeing a situation more clearly...or understanding that sometimes when God closes a door, it isn't because he hates you--far from it! It is to give you something better!

Today look around you--what were you blind to before that you can now see more clearly? As I was out walking today, it was quite sometime before I actually let the scents and sounds infiltrate my mind. The day was sunny, the birds were singing away and the scent of summer, with newly mown grass as well as the various wildflowers that are in bloom finally made me stop and thank God for the many things He provides for us! Think about it...we are surrounded by Life every day...yet too often we walk with our heads down and ignore everything around us.

Today...stop, look and listen to the symphony of Life all around you!

Comments

  1. I can see you as a Ferdinand the Bull type of person....stop and smell the roses, that's you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts