open the door...let Him in...


 



How many times have you found yourself up against an obstacle in your life and yet, when opportunities arise to handle the strife, you turn away. You become bitter, despondent...and had God been sitting right next to you and asked you, "well, why didn't you accept my invitation when I came to your door?" what would you say?

So many of us, when we pray, expect our prayers to be answered RIGHT NOW! in the way WE want. We can't see ahead into the future, so we think we have the upper hand in what goes on in our lives. Then, when we follow that path, it can turn into sadness, tears and frustrations.

I was on that path about six years ago. I thought I knew what I was doing! I even ignored that voice inside of my head that said, "get out, NOW! RUN!" I ended up with heartache and sorrow, as well as trying to clear my name from a situation that could have ended much worse. There, but for God's Grace...plus lots of reconciliation, went I.

When an issue comes up, go to God, seek Him in prayer. Then, (this is the important part) stand back and allow Him to work for you! Don't pray with conditions (if You do this, I swear I will do that!) because God's love for you is UNconditional! Seek Him in all things...and when He knocks on your door, answer...and let Him in! Let go and let God. Hard to do, I know. Oh, how I know! But let go, we must. He can see the future. Like any parent who knows the dangers beforehand, we, His children, must simply trust that once we ask, He will answer. When a door closes...a window always opens. We need to be patient, to listen...to trust that the open window WILL happen.
We will be so amazed when it does!

Seek assurance also that you have been heard. I tend to find pennies when I have prayed. I know that my prayers have been heard. Then when I become anxious, I pray some more. There it is again, another penny, maybe even a dime. I know again that I have been heard. Sometimes, however, I am like a whiny kid..."are we there YET?" How do I know that finding a penny means that I have been heard? It says right there..."in God we trust!" So...patience..and listening for that small, quiet Voice that says, "I am here...open your door...let Me into your heart!" and once we do...amazing things happen!

Comments

  1. Wow...it seems that crisis after crisis always seems to find me..then I found this post today! God is working in His mysterious ways....I needed to see this...hey..an answer to my prayer perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have proven that you do not need a crystal cathedral to open the hearts of many...all you need is the inspiration and words of wisdom. Peace be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts