are you ready for...the end?

"We never anticipate knowing our end or that it will come before we are ready. Yet for many it does, and I can tell you from someone who has received an expiration date it reminds you to live. If I were to share one specific thing I am still learning, it would be live in the moment. Submerge yourself in the present and don’t allow the past to pull you down. Resist the urge to let the future steal any of this moment away.

Breathe deep several times a day and notice your own breath and the connection to your heartbeat. Ask yourself the tough question “What if today was the last day?” then do something amazing with each day. Even if it is only to notice nature, share love and be grateful."
 
 If the news can be believed, there are many who blithely go about their day and become an innocent party to a sudden unexpected passing, be it through accident, an act of terrorism or through another means. I have often pondered, "do I really want to know when my last day is?" The answer is, probably not. If I knew, I would spend my days worrying and wondering and maybe acting a little silly, trying to make things "right." I would lose out on so much spontenaity, like a sunrise or a child's laugh because I was preparing for "the end." Yet how many of us do lose out on those small and seemingly insignificant opportunities that come about to brighten our day because we are just so busy with life? Or maybe we take it for granted that life will always be there, always waiting. How often do you plan to go visit a friend or call a relative and put it off, only to hear that person has passed on? The feelings of regret wash over you and you spend so much time in guilt. Shoulda, woulda...right?
Today, enjoy living in the moment. Feel free enough tp get together with loved ones, hug a friend, compliment a stranger. We just don't know how long or short a time we have. It could all end in the next hour, or we may be blessed with years. But the fact of the matter is--we just do not know.
What are you waiting for? 

Comments

Popular Posts