one word is all it takes...






I like Facebook. I really do. Not for the games, which I don't have time to play...(well, I USED to play Farmville, but it just got way out of hand...) but I like Facebook because it keeps me in touch with people I know...both personally and through other friends. I like reading their inspirational messages, seeing pictures of their families and sharing hints, tips, recipes and the memes that keep me chuckling throughout the day.

What I don't appreciate about Facebook and what I have noticed a lot more of, are those who take out their anger on someone, but in the post, no names are mentioned. Instead, all 694 friends (or how ever many that person has) is treated to a barrage of hate, sarcasm, maybe some profanity...lots of whining...and the other 693 of us shake our heads and wonder..."now who was THAT aimed at? Oh my...was it for ME?" then we are treated to a post later on that says, in part, "don't think that every post you see is all about you. Maybe it isn't. Maybe I just need to get something off of my chest."

Whew!
Wow!

Well, maybe that person DID need to vent, but you know what? Try talking to that ONE person and leave the rest of us out of your tirade. Please? Because I have always felt that if one cannot say anything nice, then it is better to say nothing at all. Those words of hate/anger just drag everyone down. I can feel the vibrations and it is not full of love, it is not full of Light, it is not meaningful in any way, shape or form!!!!!

If you want peace in the world...and we know that every beauty contestant does! (LOL) then it has to start with US. It has to start with our thoughts...our words...our ACTIONS! To put something on social media that does nothing but spew out hate about your friend, your spouse, an ex friend or ex spouse is doing no one  any good at all. How about doing what I do instead? I do have those with whom I get angry...but instead of getting angry via cyberspace, I write that person an e-mail...read it once, twice...I mean, I go all out bonkers in it. I tell it like it is. Just for the sake of being masochistic, I read it one more time and then...I hit delete. This works because I DO NOT put the recipient's name in the "to" section....so it never has the chance to "accidentally" get sent to them. It is between me and my computer. Then, I let it go. It is gone, done, forgotten. I then ask God for forgiveness...to forgive me for not being more tolerant of that person...to give me strength and insight as to why I feel the way I do. Sometimes I go so far as to call the one I may feel anger at and see how I can set things right. Yes, I admit, even us reverends do muck up!

This life is all we have. I see so many who tear down walls in seconds that took years to build, all because of anger and hurt. Those walls may never be rebuilt again. I know of several people for whom their own adult kids will have nothing to do with them, all because of hurtful words. And when do you suppose the reconciliation will occur? Will it be at the funeral....or can it happen sooner?

Think about it...let the words that flow from your mouth and your laptop/iPhone or whatever source you use...be words of praise, of peace, of comfort and most important...of love. Because you just never know who may be listening in...will your words be the ones that build them UP...or tear them down?

Comments

  1. If you feel any guilt at all, examine why. Because maybe this post is hitting real close to home. You only have this one life...TODAY! Make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts