of life's little delays...


 

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ I will begin this day.
I thank you, Lord, for having preserved me during the night. I will do my best to make all I do today pleasing to You and in accordance with Your will. My dear mother Mary, watch over me this day. My Guardian Angel, take care of me. St. Joseph and all you saints of God, pray for me.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all my relatives and friends, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

Yesterday I was waiting for the phone to ring...my husband is waiting for news  about a job that he had applied for and was told by someone else that he stood a good chance of getting it.

"Come on, phone...ring!" I thought. I pictured what would happen if he did get this job....all the different scenarios playing out in my head. No matter what we picture, it always comes out different, though, am I right? I made sure that I took bathroom breaks in a nanosecond, I skipped out on my daily walk....when I vacuumed, I kept one ear open for that ring...

...and when the day ended, there was still no word.

I even prayed! What was up with this, I thought?

I told myself that Patience is a virtue. Maybe there was a reason for the delay. I am basically a Type A person anyway. Hyper to the max. I can multi-task with the best of them. I stand a good chance of dying from a heart attack, though...and for that reason I do try to slow down, to meditate...huge sigh.

I ended the day with a prayer of thanksgiving for all that God has given to us. He has seen us through  some pretty hard times lately. This job would be a huge step up from where we are at right now. Although the hubby has a job, it is an overnight one. We don't see each other at all except in passing. Even though he is home during the day, he sleeps. To live a normal life again..for me to hear his breathing at night as I lay beside him...heck yes, I'll even put up with his occasional snores!

This delay has shown me to appreciate what I have in the here and now. To not look so far ahead that I miss out on the tiny here and now stuff that is just as miraculous as anything can be. And so, I begin this new day, giving thanks to God for having preserved me through the night and asking Him to let others see Him through me...in my thoughts (even the hyper ones!) in my words and in my actions. May it be thus for you as well.
Have a blessed day!

Comments

  1. Rock on! You're so right! Enjoy what we have! Life is too short to do otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like with our kids: hurry up and grow up!" They do and then we cry...where did the time go? Thanks for your perspective here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts