of opportunities and miracles...


 

Not everything goes according to plan. We have our good days. We have our bad days. I always hope for more good days than bad, but overall, for many of us, we need to realize that life is not stagnant. It is like a rollercoaster and if you just hang on tight, the lows will become highs soon enough!

I have a chronic illness, so my good days seem few and the bad days tend to accumulate like the dust bunnies under my bed. I try and push myself, only to wind up regretting it the next day. But push on I must. I also take time out to feel the wind on my face, to enjoy a good sunrise, to appreciate the moon as it sets and to hear the birds calling out to each other in the mornings is priceless!

I understand pain, so I am open to another's pain as well. This is why I always stress peace, love, hearing another out, forgiving, being open when another is in need and then acting on it. Our tongue is a small organ, but can cause the most pain through words that have been spoken out of anger. It can also be the organ that can bring about harmony. Choose your words carefully, as thoughts can become things. They can also make or break another person's spirit. Walk in another's shoes...and live out the Golden Rule of doing for others as you'd have them do unto you.

Give thanks for opportunities today. Take a moment to pause--and to listen. Do you hear the miracles of God all around you? Do you see the beauty and wonder that is right in your own backyard? People go for miles to see a miracle...the abandoned crutches at a grotto, a geyser in Yellowstone National Park...but miracles are also right here, if you just take the time to find them. The joy of friends reuniting, a new baby being born...so many things have been given to us. Life is indeed wonderful...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts