worlds crashing--worlds rebuilt



In August of last year, my world came crashing down in just a few short hours due to my husband's job loss. For agonizing days that turned into months, I worried and fretted over what was going to happen, just how long was our meager savings going to last?

Flash forward to NOW. Our savings not only lasted, they GREW! I took on a wide range of piddly ways to make some money; twenty dollars here, twenty dollars there. I sold off a lot of things that I still have not missed to make ends meet. It was when I gave it all up and gave it all OVER to God...letting Him control  the reins instead of my trying to do it alone, that things happened. With each job turn down that my husband had, instead of becoming depressed, I became confident. "In God's own time," I reassured myself. "There was a reason that you did not get that job. We'll keep trying," I told my husband.

In God's own time, the pieces all fell into place this past week. We have a new job, a new house to move into and a new life to fit in --in a new town about three hours from my current one. If only I could have seen the future, I wouldn't have worried, right?

In reality, however, I shouldn't have worried at all. I was told by a friend, "you got this!"
Yes...me and God...we BOTH got this!

I give all praise, glory, thanksgiving and honor to Him.
For the many reading this who are also in that boat called "fear," I offer you this advice: turn over the rudder to God and allow Him to steer your course. Sit back, enjoy the journey and trust in Him. He will never let you down!

Comments

  1. I also was in that boat. It is in hindsight that we look back and see that the Footprints story is true! I often wonder why we can't just KNOW that we are cared for...why do we even panic at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't preach like other pastors do. You speak from the heart- from experience. For that, you are just like one of us. Thank you for this story. It spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts