bloom right where you are!

 


As I was walking my dogs today, I noticed growing in the crack of a sidewalk, a wild violet in bloom. The little purple flower was there for all to see, despite the path of this sidewalk in heavy use. Tenacious, yet allowing nothing to stand in the way of it's doing what it needed to do. I walked on by it and smiled.
How many of us are like that little flower? How many of us bloom no matter what life throws at us? I know of some folks who let adversity get in the way of their lives. They have an excuse for everything and if anyone offers them advice, they have an excuse for that as well.
I was abused when I was a child!" So...why is that getting in the way of who you are right now?
"I was in a horrible marriage!" And...tell me why you can't make choices to make your life better now!
"I work all day long and still have no money to show for it!" And...what is your budgeting practice like so that you can't even sock away five dollars per week?
"I really need to lose weight but I have no motivation!"
"I have COPD so I can't exercise!" This one I read from someone online. To that one, I say, I had two knee replacements and have chronic pain from lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Your mind is a powerful weapon. You can use it to feel sorry for yourself, or you can use it to fight for what you know you need to do to improve! I did. I couldn't move either. I was told that I would basically be useless the rest of my life due to my severe illness. Oh, really? I'll show you! I began doing yoga. Great exercise for anyone...although I couldn't even get down on the floor when I began. I realized though, that if I ever fell, I'd probably be laying there on the floor until someone could help me back up. How depressing is THAT? So...daily I made myself do some moves, then do some more moves. Yes, it hurt. Yes, the pain made me cry. But I also noticed improvement. Today I can balance with the best of them. I can't do a pretzel move and that is ok, I am limited due to the fake knees that I have. BUT...I did NOT give in to the naysayers.
And so it is for you!
Never allow yourself to not grow. Bloom where you are planted. Bloom, I say! Keep the negative thoughts out of your mind. Instead of saying, "I can't, because..." say, "I will, BECAUSE!"
Can't means won't.
You know that you actually CAN!

Comments

  1. I like this...no excuses, right! Just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even us alcoholics, drunks as many would call us, have an excuse. You have shown that any excuse is a reason we give ourselves to keep drinking. I can do this...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me cry. Hard! I am recovering from cancer. I was told that I have a limited time, that the cancer may come back...all sort of of BS! I have been feeling so very sorry for myself. Then I read THIS! WOW!!! You are spot on! Can't means won't! I WILL! I promise you I will show everyone that I have the strength to overcome this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts