what do you consider "perfect?"

 

In the midst of every day life, we search for that elusive brass ring, that something that will be the fulfillment of all of our dreams. Whether it be money, fame, jewels, fast cars or a "perfect" body, we will spend hours thinking about it, then pursuing it.

After a long, hard winter here in Minnesota, we had a perfect day yesterday. Low humidity, blue sky and warm temperatures. I worked in my garden, then after a get together with my in-laws, we took a walk along the Pomme de Terre River and saw a small dam. The water was flowing very fast, the cool rush of the spray did wonders to also cool me down after my day in the sun. To me, it was perfect.

Someone posted on Facebook about his day and asked how we were spending ours. I replied, as did others. In short, the theme was the same. A perfect day was NOT all about getting that tan we always covet, nor working to attain that fast car, nor was it lifting weights to sport that buff body. Instead, the responses were all about spending time with family, with friends and with our pets.
The pefect day. Things that money can never buy.

Shouldn't EVERY day be this satisfying?

Thank you, God for that perfect day! We look forward to having another one today.....
May peace be with you all!

Comments

Popular Posts