"when will it be light again?"

 


In my life, I have gone through many a dark period. I have also had periods of intense wonderful light, but it's the darkness that scares me. I feel so alone, as if the dark will last forever.
Have you ever been away from home and spent a night in unfamiliar places? Maybe a hotel room, a friend's house...and you needed to get up in the middle of the night? Do you remember how you felt? Bumping into things? Probably. Feeling confused? Most definitely! In my house, I have little night lights from one room to the next. I feel comforted when I need to make a bathroom visit or to get a drink of water.

A couple of years ago, our power went out in the neighborhood due to storms. Everyone was outside, as we could not see inside our homes, it was late at night and the confusion was rampant. "When will the power come back on?" was a pretty common question!

In our lives, there can be many "power outages." It can be an illness, a death of a loved one, it can be alcoholism robbing us of all we know and are comforted by. It can be the loss of a job. You know what your darkness is. What scares many people is that, like a sudden power outage, we cannot predict just when that moment will happen, all we know is that when it does, we stumble about and ask, "when will things be bright again?"

We need to remember that the One with the power--and the grace, is God. With Him in our lives, we need not fear the dark, the long journeys into the unknown. He will guide us, He will lead us through the dark and into the Light! Rely on Him...remember...you are not alone! Not even in the worst storm!

Comments

  1. I saw this after I read your post and think its' worthy to be posted here. I credit Hope for the broken hearted for it: "I want to encourage you today and remind you that God wastes nothing in our lives. As you grieve, heal and deal with the pain and trials in your life, you will see things revealed about God's character and about your own. Your trials will transform you in ways you can't yet imagine if you will lean not on your own understanding and keep your eyes firmly fixed on Jesus." Peace be with you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts