how do you see yourself?

The Lord has heard my request for mercy.The Lord has accepted my prayer. - Psalm 6:9




I have a tiny four pound Yorkshire Terrier. She is such a sweet heart, yet when she senses what she perceives as danger, she becomes all out "ferocious!" Her tiny ears perk up, she strains on her leash, her normally sedate rate of walking becomes an all out run! She barks as loud as she can, which, in a four pound dog, is laughable, yet she sees herself as fearless! She can conquer anything in her little mind.
Last night, I had deer in my yard. Does, fawns and even a buck. I held her up to the front door window and when she spotted it, she growled under her breath at the doe. I hooked both of my little dogs onto their leashes, (my other dog looks like a 15 pound poodle) and we went outside. Sure enough, he spotted one doe and she, another. She strained at her leash, wanting to get as close to the doe as possible. Four pounds versus approximately 150. Hmmmm.

How do you see yourself? Are you fearless in the face of danger? Do you  feel as though you can take on any battle and succeed? 

In life, there are many battles: Crises with friends and family. Bills vs. the lack of money to pay them all. Loss of job. Loss of health. Loss of home. Perhaps it's alcoholism. Even if it isn't you who is drinking, the fact that you know of someone who does is stressful in itself. Or..perhaps it IS you--do you feel as though you cannot "tame the beast" that is alcoholism? Addictions, teenagers.....I could go on, but you see the point.

Whenever a crisis hits me, I tend to feel "why me?" Of course we ALL do. It's human nature. But how long do we smack ourselves on the forehead? How long do we chew on the fact that it "feels" as if we are all by ourselves before we realize, "hey, my storm is big, but my God is even bigger than my storm?" When do you take your issues to God and together, fight them? God is always with you!

 "But," you may say, "I have prayed and have seen no results." Do you pray with FAITH...or do you just do it by rote? Do you feel your heart being lifted up when you pray? Do you pray unceasingly? If it feels that maybe you haven't been heard, think again. Maybe God's sense of timing is different from yours. Just keep knocking, keep praying, keep waiting and most of all, keep the Faith!! When your prayer is answered, believe me, you will know it! And when it is answered, don't be afraid to share that wonderful help that came from God. Others need to be inspired....you can now be the strength that they need to go on. And so it goes...the ripples travel far and wide.

I ask you again: how do you see yourself? Go on now...let go...and let God.

Comments

  1. St Therese, the Little Flower, always said she saw herself as being so tiny, so little. Yet her strength was awesome after she died. I think it has to do with pride though, one cannot be prideful and serve God. But one does need courage to get through life nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts