you are reborn every day...

God said: " The same sky shines upon all. And on every day, a holy child is born. On one of those days, the holy child born was you. Somehow the meaning of your birth was kept a secret. Most of all, it was a secret kept from you. But not forever, for now you are awaking to the fact, the established fact, that you are a Holy Child, and you are a Holy Child of Mine. You are the One I have been waiting for. And, yes, of course, you are reborn. You are reborn every day."



With the exception of a few industrialized countries, women today are still regarded as women were back in the days of the Old Testament: chattel. Property. Of having no real self worth other than to provide cooking, cleaning and sex. Look to the countries of the Mid-East. If a woman tries to educate herself, she is hunted down and tortured, sometimes to death. They can't drive cars, they can't hold public office, they are not allowed to go to school, they are considered to be nothing of any value.

I am reminded of an incident that took place when my oldest son was about 16 years old. He and his friend went to a park to just "hang out." While there, a couple of other boys decided to raise some trouble and my son came home beaten and bloodied. I used my power of voice and made waves until this issue was handled. However, in the days of Mary, the Mother of Jesus, it was not meant to be that way. She also watched as her Son was beaten to a pulp, tortured and bloodied, He then was hung on the Cross. She was powerless and probably felt every stinging lash of the whip as He did. I look to her and cry. At no point could she have said, "now just  wait a minute, I am the mother of God here -just look at what you are doing to Him!" She could not have told them to stop...immediately! All she could do was watch...wait...and the only comfort she had was in the arms of John the disciple and Mary of Magdalen.

Jesus tried to show through example that women are to be treated as equally as men. We are all children of God. We all have worth in His eyes. Although it was considered scandalous, Jesus would eat with them, speak to them, walk with them and teach them. He saved one woman from a stoning and forgave an adulterous woman for her misdeeds. If the Son of God can do that...why is it so hard for us to do likewise?

Today, look at the women within your community's circle...how are they treated "less than?" Then look at how women are treated in other countries; the news is full of them. What is your reaction to this? Do you speak out against women being treated as mere chattel? Or do you shrug your shoulders and say, "eh, life goes on...sucks to be them..." and walk away? I am reminded of young Malala...she who took that bullet to the head--and survived, all because she spoke out about young women like herself who were denied an education...but she went anyway. In the words of a Helen Reddy song..."you can bend but never break me, for it only serves to make me more determined to achieve my final goal..." ("I am Woman"). Stand up for women everywhere. You should have every reason to--your own mother is one of them!

"Beloveds, it is incumbent upon you to note yourself and welcome yourself. A child was born, and, and on this date, the child born to Creation is you. Created by My thought, created by My heart, you have rung the bells on Earth. I hear them. Now hear Me.

You are far more than a recollection of Mine. You are certainly not a reconstruction. You are a blessing to this Earth. I blessed the Earth with you. I invited you here for love. I set love before you, and love stayed, no matter how trammeled the love may have seemed. You are the renewer of love, the refresher of it, the reviver of it, the institutor of it, the one who serves love up to the Universe, for you are the DNA carrier of love who brings love out like stars at night and sun by day. Of course, I am speaking of you, My Blessed One." -
Heavenletter
dated July 3, 2014


Comments

  1. We in America are so lucky...do women here feel lucky that we are not discriminated against? Maybe today we should stop and think about that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts