about tiny kittens and love for all....


 oh please...who can resist this FACE?


As I was perusing my e-mails this morning, my nine week old kitten came up to me, stretching up my leg, clearly wanted attention. Smiling, I took her into my arms, cradling her as I gave her gentle head rubs. She in turn, purred sweetly, clearly content. My heart filled to overflowing with love for this helpless baby, thanking God for bringing her into my life. So sweet, so innocent....I wanted to protect her from all that that outside world could give her...to keep her safe.

It's the same way that I feel about any living thing. If I see an almost dead plant, I will do my best to resurrect it...and many times, have been successful in my efforts. A stray animal? Got to give it a home! A lost or lonely human? I will do what I can to provide solace. I follow in the footsteps of St. Francis of Assisi, who also helped those who were weaker than he. What an example of Jesus Christ he was!

As I walked my dogs earlier today, my mind turned to prayer. "Dear God," I began, "how can I bring about peace in this sorry, sad world?' An answer came right away: just by being ME, just by doing what I know to be best; that is, loving people (and animals, it would seem!) right where they are. No judging, no harming, just by understanding them and loving them! Wow! Why wait for world leaders to begin the peace process when we have it within ourselves to do it! It was an awesome moment!

My friends.....begin today...feel compassion towards all that you meet, be it animal, plant or person! If you don't wish to be harmed, then don't inflict hurt on others. It is that simple...
so why does the world make it seem so complex, I wonder?
May the peace of our Lord be with you all!



Comments

  1. Wow! this picture of Jesus, caring for a sheep. And I think of His compassion towards all. I do not know about St Francis...but I will look that one up! Your words just astound me...you have such an insight into life.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts